Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld Patterns

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
HDiem856
691 Views, 10 Replies

Weld Patterns

I am a "Return" User of Inventor and I am using 2011.

I would like to make a circular pattern of a weld bead. I used the Welding Process and tried to make a circular pattern.

I was NOT successful.

HELP!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
HDiem856
in reply to: HDiem856

Well - I got tired of waiting for a response and decided to invest the time to FIND my own answer - read a few manuals and searched the help from Autodesk and have concluded that - "Patterning Welds" can not be down.

Thank you very much for ALL the Help.....

Message 3 of 11
Millehuse

I'm sure being sarcastic and bossy about it, will get you loads of help in the future. Maybe noone knew the answer?

Kudos for spending time to find an answer to you OWN problem.

Have a nice day.

Message 4 of 11
HDiem856
in reply to: Millehuse

This is WHY I usually do not use the boards in Autodesk

Message 5 of 11
Dennis_Jeffrey

Sorry, but I never saw your initial post.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 6 of 11
HDiem856
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Why would I do that - no one has provided a solution.

Message 7 of 11
Millehuse

Auto signature ... pls mark THIS post as a solution to your problem *wink wink*

Message 8 of 11
BMiller63

Like others, I either simply did not see your original posting, or did not reply due to its vagueness and lack of examples, screen shots and thorough description.

But after reading your follow up posts I'm a bit hesitant to bother replying now, because the past has taught me that people who display poor attitudes on here tend to be abusive to those who do try and help.

Nonetheless,

There is an option in the fillet weld dialog called Intermittency, that may or may not be what you’re looking for. The options to specify the intermittent weld varies between standards ANSI specs length and center to center spacing , where ISO specs length and spacing between welds, for example.

If that does not provide a solution for you, please post a more complete description of what you’ve tried, what kind of weld you’re applying, a screen shot of your weldment, or a zip file with sample files included.

Keep in mind this is a peer to peer help forum. Inventor users and Autodesk employees alike give their own time to help others. You are not owed an answer by anyone.

In general, if you ask your question with enough details so that others don’t need to spend a great deal of time trying to guess what you’re after, guess what you’ve tried or not tried, or re-create a file set to test the question themselves, then you’ll get a better response. If you’re asking for others help, do so in a way that doesn’t require them to put forth more effort than it took you to ask the question.

Or you could continue spewing your frustration and lashing out, and everyone will just ignore your posts until you go away. I’ve seen it happen many times before.

Good luck.

Message 9 of 11
HDiem856

TO ALL,

My Original Post - asked a simple question - Can I take a weld and patterned it in Assemblies?

Maybe I thought people use this forum to help others. I am to use to Solidwork Forums where people want to help.

LAST POST

Message 10 of 11
BMiller63

its quite obvious you're frustrated with your software switch.

many of us have switched from one to another (I started with SW myself), but letting your frustration get in your way is not the way to go. As I said, we've see your type before.

good riddance

Message 11 of 11
JDMather

@HDiem856 wrote:

Why would I do that - no one has provided a solution.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report