Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld calculation print out

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
methoni
444 Views, 6 Replies

Weld calculation print out

Having recently created a weld calculation i now wish to save it and print it out.

When i do this a message comes up "Adobe reader could not open WELDFILLETSPA.htm because it is either not a supported file or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an e-mail attachement and was,nt correctly decoded.

Any suggestions please.

I assume that a weld caculation can be saved as a report in the same way as a stress analysis report.

Regards 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: methoni

I just print the HTML to my Adobe PDF printer. Not sure why you ended up with a corrupt HTML document. You should be able to save it as well. Possibly try a different directory as you may not have adequate privileges for the directory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
methoni
in reply to: blair

Thanks Blair
I suspect it is a question of privileges,I will have to get the IT to sort it out
Regards
Message 4 of 7
methoni
in reply to: blair

Just a further update regarding the printing of the weld calculation, this problem now seems to be sorted, it was just a question of allocating the correct program which supports HTM files.
Is it possible to print the input dialogue box ie where the input figures such as material properties etc are shown, this would be a useful addition to any report.Can this be done perhaps using paint and pasted into the report?
Regards
Message 5 of 7
blair

Good question, most of the report formats are hard coded. Been like this for as long as I can remember, not just with Inventor but with Algor / Simulation Mechanical.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 7
jeanchile

Rather than HTML files we use .rtf. Then open in Word and add a screenshot of the input dialog. Cumbersome but we have found value in having the input graphic at the start of our reports and this was the only way we found to do it.
Inventor Professional
Message 7 of 7
methoni
in reply to: jeanchile

Thanks JEANCHILE

Thats the sort of thing i was looking for.I will try to get that method sorted,its just so much better when you have something tangible in front of you,as they say "a picture paints a thousand words"

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report