Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight in BOM vs Parts list

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
petrxn
1441 Views, 6 Replies

Weight in BOM vs Parts list

Hello

we have found that time to time is dfiferent weight in parts list and corresponding BOM. As is shown in enclosed picture there is an parts list included in drawing and there is one row where is wrong weight. This weight is different to weight in BOM and is wrong. Correct weight is 3464 as is in BOM. I have tried to delete this parts list, insert it again, but still wrong. If I include the parts list to new drawing, the weight is correct. How is this possible? Is there an solution for this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: petrxn
Message 3 of 7
petrxn
in reply to: cbenner

Yes this I have checked, and is not static. I have spent whole day with this problem, my opinion is that there is an bug in inventor. If there is subassembly with included referenced subassembly (BOM set to Reference) then model respect it and calculate weight without this reference, but drawing does not respect this BOM setting in some cases. I have found that if I overwite model weight on  assemblies with BOM=Reference to zero, everything is correct. Unfortunatelly this behavior is very randomly and if I upate model+drawing three times I get three different errors Smiley Mad .

Petr

Message 4 of 7
cbenner
Message 5 of 7
petrxn
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you for reply. I have found that  I have to go troug hall assemblies, not only top level, and rebuild all.  It strange that "rebuild all" on top level assy does not go recursively across all childrens. Then it seems that these errors are  away, but I have to check a lot of other assemblies, then I will see if this really help. Enclosed is snapshot where is seen how Inventor works with zero. Assembly CS21SR1 has two children, one is reference with weight 0kg but final weight is wrong (3314kg +0kg = 3363kg) Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
karthur1

Message 7 of 7
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi petrxn,

I'm not sure if it'll help, but you might look at this option to help keep things updated:

Tools tab > Application Options button  > General tab > Update physical properties on save option   

When this box is check marked, the Update Mass command in the Update panel of the Manage tab executes before saving the file. By not requiring a manual update action, it helps ensure that mass properties are kept up to date. Select either Parts Only or Parts and Assemblies. Be aware that updating mass properties for assemblies can take considerable time.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report