Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Calculation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BrianBolam4894
247 Views, 3 Replies

Weight Calculation

In my parts list, I need a column for rough weight. For example, I may take a beam and cut a notch out of it. Inventor calculates its weight based on volume, which would account for the notch. I want the initial weight before the notch was cut out. In the Content Center, is it possible for me to multiply the weight per foot column by the length to get the rough weight of the beam? I tried using the "integer" setting, but it won't let me multiply between columns. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

Brian
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pgannon18
in reply to: BrianBolam4894

Can you create a new parameter which is a function of the length and the weight/ft? I don't work with the content center so I'm not sure about adding this to the parts you get out of it.
Message 3 of 4

I could do that. The problem is I'd have to add the formula to every part I create. I'd rather have it built in before a user generates the part.

Brian
Message 4 of 4
pgannon18
in reply to: BrianBolam4894

If you can't add it to the part 'factory' in CC, maybe it's possible to add it to the template 'standard.ipt'. I believe this is the tempate CC uses when creating parts. It was that way several versions ago, but I don't know how it's configured now. Problem is, it would be in every part created by content center.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report