Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wacky assembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
558 Views, 7 Replies

wacky assembly

Where do I begin? I have this assembly file that has completely gone nuts. Bolted connections through design accelerator don't always work (all of the sudden). Every action takes about 30 seconds (give or take) to execute ... whether its a constraint, click and drag or even just updating. .iam file size is only 2.2 MB.

notice bolted connection # 63. I would like attach it but not sure of the best way ... "pack and go"?

Capture2.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Where do I begin? 

Is there a reason you are not using Frame Generator?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Look for "Sick" Constraints. I see a number of "Adaptive" items, this will slow a system/model down and introduce instability in the model.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I typically avoid frame generator at all costs ... we only use it when absolutely neccesary. I prefer to have complete and total control over my assemblies and sub-assemblies.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

"Look for "Sick" Constraints. I see a number of "Adaptive" items, this will slow a system/model down and introduce instability in the model."

Okay, I will look in to that. Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
Mario428
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where do I begin? 

Off topic but we do not use Frame Generator because of the difficulty in getting a BOM the way we want it.

I would assume many others do not use it for the same issue

On topic, all those adaptive parts and assys will cause seriuos performance issues. Turn adativity off unless editing the adaptive part or assy.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mario428

@Mario428 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where do I begin? 

Off topic but we do not use Frame Generator because of the difficulty in getting a BOM the way we want it.

On topic, all those adaptive parts and assys will cause seriuos performance issues. Turn adativity off unless editing the adaptive part or assy.

I will finalize and remove adaptivity, but I need to utilize sub-assy's for fabrication purposes. And this model was going well up until just the other day.

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
LT.Rusty
in reply to: Mario428

@Mario428 wrote:

If you're willing to make a one-time investment of a few hours, you can have Frame Generator give you the perfect BOM, every single time.  Yes, you'll spend a few hours on it in the near term ... but you'll be able to save all sorts of time later by using it, and your BOM will magically appear with whatever standard information your company wants to have shown there.

It's not difficult, but it does take some time, and you do have to make sure you do it exactly the right way.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report