Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLOVIEW UPDATE???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
240 Views, 5 Replies

VOLOVIEW UPDATE???

If this is a joke Autodesk nobodies laughing. Having installed IV6 only to find more bugs and cant do's I decided to wait until the sp1 came out. However having already opened some of our assembly dwgs only to have the part files overwritten and created some new parts and idw in 6 to find that Voloview does read ver 6 files. At last I thought the patch has arrived for voloview,downloaded it and tried to install. Only to be greeted by the comment that the patch wont load because inventor 6 is installed.
What now is the solution unload iv6 and start again? C'mon autodesk get your act together or I can see loyal customers leaving in droves.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That patch is only for users of Volo View or Volo
View Express that DO NOT have Inventor 6 installed.  As you've already
noticed, Volo View already reads Inventor 6 files (the necessary DLL's are added
to VV when Inventor 6 is installed).

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
If
this is a joke Autodesk nobodies laughing. Having installed IV6 only to find
more bugs and cant do's I decided to wait until the sp1 came out. However
having already opened some of our assembly dwgs only to have the part files
overwritten and created some new parts and idw in 6 to find that Voloview does
read ver 6 files. At last I thought the patch has arrived for
voloview,downloaded it and tried to install. Only to be greeted by the comment
that the patch wont load because inventor 6 is installed.
What now is the
solution unload iv6 and start again? C'mon autodesk get your act together or I
can see loyal customers leaving in droves.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

...do you feel like a horse's
@#$...

--
Mark A. Bystry
Engineer
Ziggity Systems, Inc.

href="mailto:mbystry@ziggity.com">mbystry@ziggity.com

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
face=Arial size=2>

Message 4 of 6
cadsysmgr

For some strange reason I seriously doubt if YES will be the reply.. 🙂
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Well to confound all of you. YES is the reply, however according to our reseller this was the patch that would solve the problems. I still cant get Voloview to work with IV6 drawings that are installed on a machine that has IV6 loaded. This is the full blown version of voloview not voloview express as supplied with IV.
Oh lord its good to be humble.
Message 6 of 6
cadsysmgr

I hope you took my comment as a friendly jab not an insulting one....If you applied the SP2 patch and it worked, check to see if the version of the DLL file axdcorv.dll is 812...The following id the TEXT file from the download site your vendor SHOULD have made you aware of.." This service pack updates Volo View 2.01 and Volo View Express 2.01 software. This service pack addresses issues with markups not being saved correctly and with stability of the software while viewing IDW files. Note: To view IDW files, you also must have the Volo® View Plug-in for Autodesk Inventor® 6 Files installed. "....http://support.autodesk.com/enu/Homepage.asp " and download inv6pisetup.exe from the " Download Updates & Drivers " area of the site.....I am not sure however if the OE should be installed on a VV install if Inventor is present....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report