Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility Issue in Drawing Environment

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
mrattray
536 Views, 25 Replies

Visibility Issue in Drawing Environment

I seem to have a few components in this here drawing that refuse to show themselves.

Capture.PNG

These are two occurrences of a patterned sub-assembly. The one that's missing it's foot and gussets is the first occurrence. This view is set to use the models view rep and is set to associative. It shows up correctly in the model. I've tried playing with every setting I can think of (yes, including graphics compatibility mode and software graphics mode). I've tried restarting the computer, manually updating the view, setting the view's view rep to master, turning off associative, etc. I'm out of ideas. Can anyone else suggest something else to look at that I may have overlooked?

It may be worth mentioning that this is a large assembly (by my standards) and Inventor is dragging **** trying to work with it. Occurrences/Unique Files: 7967 / 119

Here's some system specs in case anyone wants to ask:

Inventor 2013 SP2
Windows 7 SP 1
Dell Precision T5600
Intel Xeon 3.3GHz x 4 Cores
32 GB RAM
AMD FirePro V5900 (2GB)
237 GB SSD

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
LT.Rusty
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray wrote:
I was really hoping for one of those "Just wait until the wind is blowing out of the East then stand on your head for 30 seconds singing Kumbaya..."

Well, have you tried that?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 22 of 26
mrattray
in reply to: LT.Rusty

No, but I did try wearing my shoes on the wrong feet.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 23 of 26
tsreagan

Is the other sheet (where it shows up fine) in the same drawing or a seperate one?

Did you copy the sheet or create it from scratch?

Maybe you can copy the sheet where it is fine and paste it.

You have to wear a red shirt while your on your head...  I think that was in the manual. 🙂

and its either sing kumbaya or whistle dixie, either method should work.

T.S.

Message 24 of 26
Shiva_Sundaram

Hi Mike,

It would be difficult to guess what the issue is without looking at the model - would you be able to share the dataset (drawings, assemblies, parts) or a subset of it. You can email me at sundarsATautodeskDOTcom. 

Also:

1. Can you try increasing the scale on the original view and do an update to see if those missing parts come back?

2. Is this a custom or content standard part?

If so, you may try to open that part and do a rebuild and then update the view to see if it comes back.

Also, I presume you have not accidentally hidden those lines (you can verify this by RMB click on the view and execute "Show Hidden Lines" - if you don't have that context menu entry, then you dont have any hidden lines and hence this is not the issue.

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Message 25 of 26
mrattray
in reply to: Shiva_Sundaram

Shiva,
Thank you for the response. I ended up placing an additional instance of the part on top of the faulty one so I could get the drawing out to my customer. It's ugly, but at least it will keep the wheels turning here for now. I would still like to work with you to diagnose the problem, but my workload isn't allowing me time for it at the moment.
Hopefully, I'll be able to try your suggestions and send you something either this afternoon or next week.
Thank you again for taking the time to help me with this.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 26 of 26
Shiva_Sundaram

Hi Mike,

No problem. Glad you found a workaround. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report