Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visability button

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
magnus.torell
319 Views, 8 Replies

Visability button

Sometimes when have had the need to hide an item to work on an item behind it in assembly something funny happens... when trying to make the item visible again the button is just not there to chose anymore... 
The only "solution" I've come upp with this far is to save everything and restart inventor...

Any ideas why this happens ?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
BarryZA
in reply to: magnus.torell

Is it not that you are double-clicking and going into part edit mode?

Message 3 of 9
salariua

Post some images, or the models.

Maybe you're doing "enable / disable". If you disable a component  it is not selectable anymore from the graphical window just browser.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 9
magnus.torell
in reply to: BarryZA

Nope, unfortunately...

Message 5 of 9
magnus.torell
in reply to: salariua

It seems to be intermittent - I can't provoce it to appear... but next time I stumble upon it I'll make sure to save a pic or something...
Message 6 of 9
salariua

Are you trying to do this from the browser?

I have this problem of being "to fast" for Inventor and I need to slow down to get it to work. I select multiple items in the browser and when I right click  and press "V" to hide / show them the menu is not there. So if i slow down a bit to let inventor figure out what I am trying to do the proper right click menu appears and pressing the "V" key will work.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 7 of 9
mcgyvr

@salariua wrote:

I have this problem of being "to fast" for Inventor and I need to slow down to get it to work. I select multiple items in the browser and when I right click  and press "V" to hide / show them the menu is not there. So if i slow down a bit to let inventor figure out what I am trying to do the proper right click menu appears and pressing the "V" key will work.

Me too.. I suspect thats what the OP is seeing too..

Typically this happens to me when switching design view reps and I get the menu associated with that instead of the right menu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 9
salariua
in reply to: mcgyvr

I use multi-key shortcuts just like autocad, and mostly I get this problem in tube an pipe, when selecting projected planes and trying to hide or show them. Half a second delay in speed gets the menu there.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 9 of 9
magnus.torell

Hmmm... I'm too fast you say, Salariua & mcgyvr... ;-)...

I'll try to pace myself and see what happens...

Thanks for the tip... I'll report in a couple of days and see it helps...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report