Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewcube & Origin Axes/Planes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CAG_DRAFT
794 Views, 4 Replies

Viewcube & Origin Axes/Planes

Something has happened today to make my inventor start confusing which way to orient the viewcube...

XYpZ-FRONT - Shows how my setup has always been

XYpZ-TOP - Shows how all new parts and assemblies are being created.

The other pic shows what my settings are.

(Using IV2013 Win7-64, all up-to-date)

Anyone seen a similar problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: CAG_DRAFT

Maybe right click on view cube and Set Current View as Home is what you are after.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
CAG_DRAFT
in reply to: JDMather

I dont think that is the answer to this problem.

All new parts I create are assigning 'Top' as the XY(+Z) plane when all my settings say that the XY(+Z) plane is 'Front'.

To me it looks like a bug...

I havent been playing around with settings so I'm lost as to why this has changed.

Yes, resetting the viewcube on each new part does deal with the problem but it does not actually fix it.

Message 4 of 5
jeanchile
in reply to: CAG_DRAFT

It's been a while since we set ours up and I'm on my phone here so I can't check for sure but...

Check your document settings for your templates and new parts. If I remember correctly I think there are these same settings at the document level that will take precedence in some situations.

Good luck!
Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 5
CAG_DRAFT
in reply to: jeanchile

It seems that someone else in my office had changed the standard associated with their templates to DIN from ISO and their changes had synced back to my machine causing me to be confused.

Thanks for getting me to look in the right places.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report