Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Reps/Level of Detail

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BDUB2012
337 Views, 5 Replies

View Reps/Level of Detail

Can I have an assembly cut and make a couple of view reps or level of details so that one has the assembly cut and one does not. If so can someone walk me through the process. There may be a better way to accomplish this so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mikejones
in reply to: BDUB2012

Each view rep will 'retain' the current view information so if you want a view sectioned and one not sectioned you will need two view reps. RMB click on the design view rep and create New.

Mike

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
BDUB2012
in reply to: mikejones

Will this only work for sections and not an assembly cut. I have a round cylinder that is in an assembly. I would like to make an assembly cut so that when I create my drawing view it will come in looking like a cutout peice and show the internals but if I use this assembly in a top level assembly I do not want the cut out shown. So I was hoping to be able to make a different view rep or level of detail to be able to select between the two depending on the environment I was using it.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

You might also consider doing a breakout view on your drawing, which will allow you to cut away a portion of your cylinder only to see it's internal functions. Granted, the breakout view is not very intuitive and figuring out which to select first will take a few attempts, but once you got it figured out it will work fine.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiiZtxWhIDU

Message 5 of 6
mikejones

Ah I misunderstood what you wanted. The view reps and LOD's won't work for you in this case.

Why not just use a section or break out section view in the drawing istead?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

If you absolutely have to create a section cut in the assembly as a posed to doing it in the drawing, you can create your assembly section, then create an iAssembly factory.  One member with teh section cut and one without.  Then in your drawing edit the view you want showing the cut, select that ifactory member to be represented.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report