Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View representations of a subassy in a pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
A_Harro
211 Views, 3 Replies

View representations of a subassy in a pattern

Hope someone can help me out here.

In my assembly and i have a pattern of subassy's in it. i want to make the view rep on the subassy the same in every instance of the subassy. At the moment i can only do this by expanding out the pattern of 50 items, right clicking on the subassys and changing the view rep for it.. Surely there is a far more efficient way to do this?  Sadly ive been using inventor for years so its quite embarrasing to ask what should be a very simple thing to do.

Oh, im using inventor 2014 sp2.

thanks if anyone can give me the solution to this.

Regards

Anne.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: A_Harro

HI!

Sadly, i think there's no other way regarding linking all levels of representation in a row...

I think is lacking a tool like the one that link all levels of detail between the main assembly and all sub-assemblys.

Clipboard02.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
andrewiv
in reply to: A_Harro

One thing you can do is a search for these files.  If you use the binoculars to find assembly components, once you have clicked on the find now buton it will select all the files that it finds and you can change the representions of all of them at the same time.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 4 of 4
A_Harro
in reply to: andrewiv

thanks for the replies.

I have been doing using the search function and changing the view rep that way.. Just thought there should be an easier way.. as we alway hope when we use Inventor 🙂

Guess i'll just have to put up with this and maybe in a future release it could be implemented. 🙂

cheers!

Anne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums