Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View representation parts list error.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Infoseeker
673 Views, 6 Replies

View representation parts list error.

Has anyone had issues with parts lists genererated from View representations?

This is weird but my parts list generated from View representation seem to be not accurate, when I take two assemblies that I need to create BOM for, and drop them into a new assembly, then create parts lists, its different from BOM generated from representation view that has too high numbers.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Infoseeker

view rep parts list filters show the total quantity of each part used.. It does NOT remove/reduce the quantity of ones that are not visible,etc...

Is that what you are seeing..If so..normal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
Infoseeker
in reply to: mcgyvr

I thought it uses the quantities visible in the Representation view.

Otherwise whats the point?

Message 4 of 7
Infoseeker

When creating Rep View, you turn visibility off the parts you dont want to see in your parts list. When you create your parts list using this Rep View your table shows only the parts visible in the base Rep view. So parts invisible in the view will not show on your parts list.

Am I missing something?

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr

@Infoseeker wrote:

I thought it uses the quantities visible in the Representation view.

Otherwise whats the point?

Nope.. It will only remove a part from the parts list when there are NONE visible.. but if you have 1 still showing it will show the total quantity used in the whole assembly..

I do wish they had the option to have it only show the qty of visible parts.. That would be really nice.

I suspect it was one of the typical "half as&ed" Autodesk new features added a long time back and never fixed year after year.

I wonder if the "ilogic nerds" Smiley Tongue could figure something out to have it adjust the quantities in the parts list.. That would be great

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

from the help wiki

Note:Parts list filters have no impact to parts list data. Parts list rows are removed from the table according to the filtering conditions, but values like quantity of parts are not changed.

Message 7 of 7
Infoseeker

Thats BS!!!

Very dissapointing.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report