Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Rep. don't work

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Karol-Or
443 Views, 5 Replies

View Rep. don't work

Either i don't know to use them, or there is a problem.

In the file attached i made a view representation, made it active and suppressed a feature.

Then returned to the master view rep. and the feature was suppressed also there.

I unsuppressed it in the Master view rep. and it became unsuppressed also in the new view rep.

In short, the two representations work together

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jtylerbc
in reply to: Karol-Or

View representations can't suppress part features.  They can control Visibility (on work planes, surfaces, etc), and your part's color.

Depending on exactly why you are trying to do this, there is probably a better technique.  If this is supposed to represent two variations of the part (one with the feature, one without), I would recommend looking at iParts.

Message 3 of 6
88nwilson

Level of Detail is a much better option for suppression/ activation of features. It's right under the View representations, and is actually able to handle parts and features, not just appearance.

Inventor 2013
Win 7 Pro SP1 (x64)
Message 4 of 6
jtylerbc
in reply to: 88nwilson

@88nwilson wrote:

Level of Detail is a much better option for suppression/ activation of features. It's right under the View representations, and is actually able to handle parts and features, not just appearance.

There are no Level of Detail representations at the part level.  This technique would only apply to an assembly.

Message 5 of 6
88nwilson
in reply to: jtylerbc

Whoops, didn't see the .ipt extension. Somehow assumed it was an assembly- sorry for adding confusion.

Inventor 2013
Win 7 Pro SP1 (x64)
Message 6 of 6
Yijiang.Cai

It does not support to suppress/unsuppress features within design view in part environment, and works for the appearance, orientation etc. on part. 

For this requirement, maybe we could consider the iPart as solution.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report