Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Label Default Position - Orientation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rhasell
3094 Views, 8 Replies

View Label Default Position - Orientation

Hi

This has troubled me for years, hopefully it is a quick fix.

Is there a way to change the standard orientation of the drawing view lables to Left?

Either in the standards or via iLogic?

NOTE: The option for orientation on my system is greyed out, I can only change the orientation after the view has been placed.

Thanks guys.

View-Label.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
t_hutns
in reply to: rhasell

Hello,

Unfortunately formatting is not supported for view label in the standard settings, you can log a request for this enhancement to Idea Station. But as a workaround you can use VBA or ILogic rule to update view label alignment. Below is sample iLogic rule to change horizontal alignment of all view labels in the current drawing to the left:

Dim oDoc As DrawingDocument = ThisDoc.Document
Dim oSheet As Sheet = oDoc.ActiveSheet
Dim oView As DrawingView
For Each oView In oSheet.DrawingViews
    If Not oView.Label.HorizontalJustification = HorizontalTextAlignmentEnum.kAlignTextLeft Then
        oView.Label.HorizontalJustification = HorizontalTextAlignmentEnum.kAlignTextLeft
    End If
Next

Thank you for your input

Stanislav Hutnan
Inventor Development
Autodesk

Message 3 of 9
rhasell
in reply to: t_hutns

Thank you

Either way, I was hoping there was a quick fix.

Reg
Message 4 of 9
jR0sal3s

how do you improve that code so that the label position will automatically align itself to the left most part of the view..?

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 9
schleede.dave
in reply to: jR0sal3s

I realize this is an old thread but I just discovered it today after noticing the same issue with Inventor 2016.  Am I the only one who thinks this makes 0 sense?  Why in the world would you lock out the option to change the justification of view label text in the standard?  And why hasn't this been changed/fixed in subsequent releases of the software?

Message 6 of 9

Agreed Dave, how many hours spent going through idws selecting text for editing, selecting the text, then justifying left. Trying to get things to look like existing AutoCAD dwgs.
Message 7 of 9
chrisw01a

You have to modify the text style that the default is using.

So open "styles editor" and find out what style it is using.

Capture.PNG

Then go to that text style and change what you need to.

On mine, I made a copy of the one it was using because other styles use that one as well.

If you do that, you have to go to "object defaults" and find "view / scale" label and change its text style to the one you want to use.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hope this helps!

Now if I could just figure out what is driving the distance of the view label from the view so I could make it default closer...

Message 8 of 9
rhasell
in reply to: chrisw01a

Thanks.

I will test it in the real world, I am so entrenched in the iLogic code, so it will be a big change for me, but your solution works as well.

Reg
Message 9 of 9
rhasell
in reply to: chrisw01a

Quick feedback.

Champion mate, after updating my template, this has made life much easier.

Thanks.

Reg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report