Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View face - How to tell IV to rotate with respect to Origin axes?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
acad-caveman
506 Views, 3 Replies

View face - How to tell IV to rotate with respect to Origin axes?

Gentlemen, is there a way to tell Inventor to align the view to be perpendicular to the Origin axes when

View Face or Sketch on face is selected?

It is most disturbing to have to **** with the view cube once in the Sketch just to have it make sense?

This is in Inventor Pro 2012.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: acad-caveman

Wouldn't the "Look at sketch plane on sketch creation" work for you? In the Application Options>Sketch>Look at sketch plane on sketch creation.

It should really work on were ever the sketch is created. The other option might be in the Part tab of the Application options for Sketch on new part creation to have the "Sketch on x-y plane" selected.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
acad-caveman
in reply to: blair

Blair

I do have the "Look at Sketch Plane ..." turned on, but after some research I've found that the issue only happens

when the original body is created as a "Revolved" feature.

See attached file.

If I re-create the same part with an "Extrusion" as the base solid, the alignments are always horizontal/vertical

Origin axes.

If you click on any of the face segments on the attached model, you'll see that it orients to some semi-arbitary

angle on the "right" plane.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: acad-caveman

Hi Acad-caveman,

How strange, I re-created the revolve using 2013 and have the same issue.

If you edit the 30° angle in sketch 2 to say 15° it also re-aligns sketch 5 to the first straight edge of the extrusion.

I agree this would become a pain to work with on a regular basis.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mark

Inventor 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report