Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view arrow instead of section lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
slphantom
1938 Views, 4 Replies

view arrow instead of section lines

is there a way to do this? inventor 2012. for instance for a aux. view if it is not in-line with the parent view it puts a section line. is there a way to have a single view arrow?

thanks

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PaulMunford
in reply to: slphantom

I don't think that you can only show one arrow  - but you can right click on the line and pick 'show full line' (or something like that) to turn the line itself off.

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 5
t_pcoll

Hi Scott,

can you please try RMB on the Aux view definition (the 'Section line') -> Edit View Annotation Style and change the Format to single arrow?

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 4 of 5
slphantom
in reply to: t_pcoll

Thanks Ladislav. now on that view is there any way to have an aux. views label say View A instead of view a-a?

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 5 of 5
t_pcoll

Hi Scott,

you can Edit view label and modify it in the Format Text dialog. You'll find there "VIEW <VIEW>-<VIEW>" - simply edit it to "VIEW <VIEW>" only. If you need to re-add the <VIEW> token again: Set Type of Properties to "View Label Properties", from Properties combo-box select VIEW and insert <VIEW> token to the text. That's for editing existing views.

For the future views you want to edit Standard defaults: Manage tab->Styles Editor->Select your standard->View Preferences tab->View Label Defaults group->Select View Type (Auxiliary) and modify default View label format accordingly.

Ladislav

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report