Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Error Issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LonesomeJoe
531 Views, 6 Replies

Video Error Issue

We just changed from Inventor R2010 to R2011, and I'm getting a graphics error whenever I open a model file.  When I first ask Iv to open the file, I get the first error (see attached "Error_Msg_01).  I select "Yes", and I get the second error message.  I looked at the Diagnostic dump information ('bout 10,000 lines....), but it makes as much sense to me as a page from Congressional Record....  We did the same install on 4 machines, and mine is the only one having this issue (...sigh, I KNEW this software hated me....).  I sent it to the Techies here, but they haven't had a chance to look at it.  It doesn't seem to cause a problem, but it's EVERY model file, and I just opened a .stp file with 800+ parts....  Anyone have any idea what this is?  Thanx.

Iv 2011, Build 309, SP 2

Win XP, Pro x64, v. 2003, SP 2

Intel Core Duo CPU, E6750 @ 2.66GHz

4.00Gb RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
trumpy81
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

I may be wrong, but I believe the problem is that the graphic card you are using doesn't support a particular effect that is used within the file.

It may be caused by the graphics card drivers being out of date or possibly malfunctioning in some way. Try updating to the latest drivers for the card and your current OS. If you are already using the latest drivers, try uninstalling them and let windows reinstall them after a reboot.

If the problem persists after updating the graphics card drivers, try doing a repair on the Inventor installation. With any luck it will correct itself.

HTH

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: trumpy81

What boxes checked/settings do you have in tools..application options..hardware tab?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: mcgyvr

Here's the "Hardware" tab from the Application Oprions (see attached "Hardware_Settings_01.jpg").  One of the things that has me baffled (not that that is difficult...) is, my machine is the only one experiencing the problem, and all 4 machines are set up the same, or were before the change (see attached "My_Countenance_01.jpg").

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

update to the latest video card driver from nvidias site and then switch the tools..application options..hardware setting to performance or quality..

Problem should be solved.

Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7

Once the second box comes up click OK to copy the diagnostics to the clip board then either paste the results into a text file or paste them into a reply on this thread. The results are much more in depth than the information shown in the box.

As you are running XP64 which does not support Directx 10 some of the added graphics visual styles may not be available.

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 7 of 7
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: mcgyvr

I made the setting change you suggested (to "Performance") and the problem seems to have gone away.  I opened a couple of files, and translated a milti-part .stp file with no message boxes.  I've attached the "Diagnostic Info" from the clipboard in case anyone wants to read it (it's NOT "interesting reading"....).  At this point, I'm going to mark this one "solved".  Thanx for all your help... and I believe I went through this software change and its associated glitches without ONCE loosing my cool!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report