We just changed from Inventor R2010 to R2011, and I'm getting a graphics error whenever I open a model file. When I first ask Iv to open the file, I get the first error (see attached "Error_Msg_01). I select "Yes", and I get the second error message. I looked at the Diagnostic dump information ('bout 10,000 lines....), but it makes as much sense to me as a page from Congressional Record.... We did the same install on 4 machines, and mine is the only one having this issue (...sigh, I KNEW this software hated me....). I sent it to the Techies here, but they haven't had a chance to look at it. It doesn't seem to cause a problem, but it's EVERY model file, and I just opened a .stp file with 800+ parts.... Anyone have any idea what this is? Thanx.
Iv 2011, Build 309, SP 2
Win XP, Pro x64, v. 2003, SP 2
Intel Core Duo CPU, E6750 @ 2.66GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500
Solved! Go to Solution.
I may be wrong, but I believe the problem is that the graphic card you are using doesn't support a particular effect that is used within the file.
It may be caused by the graphics card drivers being out of date or possibly malfunctioning in some way. Try updating to the latest drivers for the card and your current OS. If you are already using the latest drivers, try uninstalling them and let windows reinstall them after a reboot.
If the problem persists after updating the graphics card drivers, try doing a repair on the Inventor installation. With any luck it will correct itself.
What boxes checked/settings do you have in tools..application options..hardware tab?
Here's the "Hardware" tab from the Application Oprions (see attached "Hardware_Settings_01.jpg"). One of the things that has me baffled (not that that is difficult...) is, my machine is the only one experiencing the problem, and all 4 machines are set up the same, or were before the change (see attached "My_Countenance_01.jpg").
update to the latest video card driver from nvidias site and then switch the tools..application options..hardware setting to performance or quality..
Problem should be solved.
Once the second box comes up click OK to copy the diagnostics to the clip board then either paste the results into a text file or paste them into a reply on this thread. The results are much more in depth than the information shown in the box.
As you are running XP64 which does not support Directx 10 some of the added graphics visual styles may not be available.
I made the setting change you suggested (to "Performance") and the problem seems to have gone away. I opened a couple of files, and translated a milti-part .stp file with no message boxes. I've attached the "Diagnostic Info" from the clipboard in case anyone wants to read it (it's NOT "interesting reading"....). At this point, I'm going to mark this one "solved". Thanx for all your help... and I believe I went through this software change and its associated glitches without ONCE loosing my cool!!!