Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very weird dimension problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
381 Views, 3 Replies

Very weird dimension problem

Hello everyone,

I have a very weird dimension problem (see image).

The problem is the following:

- I'm working in an assembly

- I want to make an inlay (insert) which is adaptive to an base part. So when I change the dimensions of the base part the inlay dimensions must also change. The offset between inlay and base part edge must be 7mm surrounding. Therefore I created a sketch on the inlay, and project geometry the base part.

- In the sketch create a rectangle with an offset from 7 mm

I tried to do this in several different ways.

Now the following happens (see image):

Inventor says that the rectangle with 409mm length is LONGER than the rectangular with length 423.

In this picture I did 423-(2*7)mm for the 7mm offset.

I triend to achieve this offset in several ways, but always the "short" rectangular is more long.

I'm working in the same 2Dplane so not 3D dimensioning etc. (so far as this is possible)...

Hope someone can help me.

inventor measure error.png

SITUATION SKETCH!

inventor inlay problem sketch.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Without files i can't say why this odd behavior. Did you have "adaptative" Checked?

You can try another aproach.

Check files in attach.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Paul,

That is definately weird.  What version are you running and can you post the file(s) here for us to take a look at?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
twan.jans
in reply to: Cadmanto

We are working on Inventor version 2014 SP1 update 1 on a windows 7 (64bit) system.

In the attachments are the files.

The problem is in the file "achterkant rubber laag 1530". There is an extrude cut in the last place, the sketch of that extrude must be 7mm smaller around the file "achterkant stempel 1530" both files are in the assembly.

Note: I did the extrude from all those little parallelograms so large that i can use the same file for other saved as files with other dimensions of the "achterkant stempel 1530" file. This dimensions can enlarge too 300 x 600mm in other files.

Kind regards,

Twan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report