Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very strange selection issues

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kprom
755 Views, 10 Replies

Very strange selection issues

I've been seeing some very strange problems lately with Inventor 2013.  I first noticed a problem right clicking on a part in an assembly.  When I right click on my view, my selection is lost.  Right clicking on the part in the model tree works fine.  This will happen with a certain subassembly, almost every time.  A restart fixing it, but it soon returns.  After fighting this for a week or two, I know have an issue where I cannot pattern components in a weldment.  Instead it will only select machining features, even though I am not in the machining tab.  The first issue is frustrating and time wasting, but the second is keeping me from doing my job.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
blair
in reply to: kprom

Sounds more like a mouse issue. Have you tried updating the mouse drivers or un-installing the mouse and re-installing the mouse/drivers.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 11
kprom
in reply to: blair

We now see this on other computers at my work.  Different mouse, different hardware.  This is not mouse or graphics card related it seems.

Message 4 of 11
blair

Try disabling any 3rd party add-ins if you are using any. Try logging in as a different User as well, it could be bad user profiles or you may need to reset Inventor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 11
JoyceZhou

Is it possible for you to send me the dataset and image/video for your steps? you could contact me: jinghua.zhou@autodesk.com then I could take a look at it. Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 6 of 11
NathanGMartin
in reply to: JoyceZhou

I can confirm that this is the same issue I am having; see also

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/broken-context-menu-right-click-deselects-part/m-p/49...  (my post, escalated)

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Right-Click-on-Component-NOT-bringing-up-Specific-Con... ('resolved' earlier post, but problem not actually solved)

I'll take a video the next time it happens.

Message 7 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: NathanGMartin

So is it happening with one specific file or all files..?

Also..

See if both "Highlight" options are checked in tools..application options..colors tab..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 11
kprom
in reply to: mcgyvr

Every day, nearly every assembly I have open.  No I don't have "enhanced pre-highlighted" checked, but I will try it.

Message 9 of 11
kprom

Nope same problem with that checked as well.

Message 10 of 11
mcgyvr

Have you tried to reinstall Inventor? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 11 of 11
NathanGMartin
in reply to: mcgyvr

Re-installing Inventor would be an absolute last-resort option for our business. I can't afford the downtime.

So what do we have, guys? AD / Autodesk / staff / support / help / angry / fix? 

This issue is recurring almost every day on all of our engineering machines, requiring an Inventor restart every time. Not a big deal on my cadillac machine, but it hurts our other users on less-uber machines badly given IV's typically looooooong churn times (2-5+ minutes) on restart.  My company is now burning about $20-100+ /day becuase of this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report