Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very basic dynamic simulation training available?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
steambc
337 Views, 3 Replies

Very basic dynamic simulation training available?

I've gone through several online courses and have learned the basics of Inventor. I have a good working knowledge of sketches, parts building, assemblies, and so forth. I came in with a previous knowledge of 3D animating so I can get around in that environment easily enough.

My next logical step is dynamic simulation, and I find myself a bit lost. The tutorials that I've found on the web seem to be a bit over my head and usually seem to take on fairly comlex projects.

Is there a simplified tutorial available out there that can help a "wet behind the ears" guy to understand and start working with DS? I simply desire to learn the basics so I can test a few amusement ride mechanisms that I've dreamed up. I don't really need stress analysis yet, but rather I just want to run some sims to analyze the viability of my mechanisms with gravity.

My learning style seems to be that I really need to start with majorly dumbed-down training, and then once I get the basics and work with them I later excel. When I'm faced with too much at first I get overwhelmed, precisely why I was always sadly too initmidated to persue a mechanical engineering degree. 😕

But I digress. Thanks for any guidance.

Steam

Using Inventor Pro 2015
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: steambc

@steambc wrote:

.... learn the basics so I can test a few amusement ride mechanisms that I've dreamed up. 

I was always sadly too initmidated to persue a mechanical engineering degree. :/.

Purchase the Wasim Younis Book 2 (Amazon.com)  Unfortunately there are a lot of errors in the book, but I look at them as "learning opportunities", just post questions here when you can't get one of the exercises to work.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/friday-pics-8-29-2014/m-p/5241727/highligh...

I am a machinist.

I teach all of my courses from more of a hands-on practical application perspective rather than from a theoretical perspective.

If you can travel to NE Pennsylvania for 32 weeks, I have two courses that cover Dynamic Simulation.

When you get ready for FEA of your DS.

https://events.au.autodesk.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=6583

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: steambc

This week - we are starting on Friction.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/94e5c2ba-9551-4238-bc13-559fc2b6b299

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
steambc
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks. I'll go ahead and order the book. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to take your course. I appreciate the help!

Steam

Using Inventor Pro 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report