Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vba failed to initialize

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
williamsondc
10260 Views, 14 Replies

Vba failed to initialize

Hi guys after installing Office 2013 Inventor was working fine but now just doesn't want to work and just pops up with around 6 Critical errors of VBA failed to initialize in a row. I'm a student using the student edition which was downloaded, Inventor is installed on a HDD while office didn't give me an option so its on my SSD (boot drive).

I used windows control panel to repair and reinstall (not uninstall removal and reinstall).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
samiharada
in reply to: williamsondc

Hi,

We found that installing Office 365 will remove a local copy of VBA module (but VBA will be virtualized)
This has been known as DID 1499449 in our product database and we are currently working with

Microsoft and trying to find out a solution.
One workaround is to install VBA via executing VBA7.msi under … Setup\3rdParty\x64\VBA (for 64bit system),

or… Setup\3rdParty\x86\VBA (for 32-bit system) from the install media.

Best,
-Sami Harada
Inventor Framework QA
Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 3 of 15
jddickson

What version of inventor are you using? If you are using 2013 or older you need to find the latest update for inventor. Office 2013 runs on Microsoft.net 4.5 framework and the latest inventor update should make it run from that as well.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 15
williamsondc
in reply to: samiharada

Thank you Sami! 🙂

Message 5 of 15
hans

I have the same problem. 

My Autodesk Inventor 2014 worked fine. But after installing Office 2013 i'm getting the same message.

"VBA ailes to initialize properly. Please restart Inventor."

After the message Autodesk Inventor 2014 starts, but when I want to open or create a file the message pops up again.

Message 6 of 15
samiharada
in reply to: hans

Please refer the following TS link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21910314&linkID=9242018

Autodesk and Microsoft are working togather to resolve this in the future release.

Thank you,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 7 of 15
dy938811

Just an update to this thread because I found it to help me through exactly the same instance of errors stated previously in this thread.  I was getting an error about VBA - "failed to initialize"...

I searched my system disk/hard drive for the file [VBA7.msi], found it, ran it, and it solved my VBA error when openning Inventor.  I began using Office 365 this afternoon and when I returned to inventor, I began seeing the errors.

Thanks for the solution to the previously stated problem, it helped me.

DY

Message 8 of 15
a.roodnat

Spoiler
I have teh same problem, but I checked my install, and I only found VBA6.msi, not VBA7.msi. Where can I het VBA7.msi?

Message 9 of 15
c.silby
in reply to: a.roodnat

This is where you can get VBA 7 that is needed for Inventor 2014.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21910314&linkID=9242018

Standalone:

Close Inventor session and manually install VBA7 from Inventor source media:

64-bit 

Install VBA7 from "3rdParty\x64\VBA\Vba7.MSI" .

32-bit

Install VBA7 from "3rdParty\x86\VBA\Vba7.MSI" .

Deployment:

64-bit

Deploy VBA7 installer to the client from "3rdParty\x64\VBA\Vba7.MSI".

32-bit

Deploy VBA7 installer to the client from "3rdParty\x86\VBA\Vba7.MSI".

Message 10 of 15
a.roodnat

Thanks,

that did the job.

Message 11 of 15
kcasey

I am attempting to open Inventor program for the first time  and it is telling me that the VBA failed to initialize properly. I googled the problem and on a blog i found a search through this path  "The location of this should be C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_PRDSU_2014_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm\3rdParty\x64\VBA depending on which suite you have, if you are running 32bit then browser to that location instead of the 64bit." and then manually install VBA7.msi, and VBA71033.msi, The "VBA" was not in "x64" file and a manual install through a general search of the "C:"  drive (There are VBA files in C drive) didn't effect the Inventor start up. 

Also did a search through Autodesk's online blog (-Sami Harada http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21910314&linkID=9242018) which suggested the same idea, but again the path ended at "x64" with no "VBA" file to follow. The files in the "x64" file are

FaroSDK
msxmI6
VCRedist
WMF

none of which contain VBA files or folders

AutoCAD seems to be working.

I do not know how to continue.

Thank you for any assistance,

Kevin Casey
Message 12 of 15
SytzedeJong1846
in reply to: a.roodnat

For me TO Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 15
reyn51
in reply to: c.silby

Where do I find the VBA7 file to install it??? I can't find it!

Message 14 of 15
kcasey
in reply to: reyn51

Do you have this thread?

If the thread isn't there see if you can get a hold of 

-Sami Harada
Inventor Framework QA
Autodesk, Inc.

Check YouTube also, if I remember correctly I had to use a combination of Sami's advice and material I found on the Tube.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/vba-failed-to-initialize/m-p/3946394

Message 15 of 15

I just ran into this problem with Inventor 2017 when I needed to have Office 2013 reinstalled on my system. I went to the USB drive that I had downloaded the install onto and located the Vba71.msi at \PRDSP_2017_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm\3rdParty\x64\VBA. I right clicked it and first hit uninstall and not surprisingly it couldn't uninstall because it couldn't find it. I then right clicked it again and installed it and all is well again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report