Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA failed to initialize properly. please restart inventor

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
benson_c_d
26979 Views, 14 Replies

VBA failed to initialize properly. please restart inventor

Hi,

I have just installed my AutoDesk Inventor and the following message comes up when I try to open the application: VBA failed to initialize properly. please restart inventor.

Please help.

Benson

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
michael.huang
in reply to: benson_c_d

Hi Benson,

May you try to reinstall the VBA6 and see if it get works? You can find the VBA6.msi on the [DVD]->x86|x64\Support\VBA\vba6.msi.

A similar discussion is on following thread,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Serious-error/td-p/2664306/highlight/true/page/2

thanks,

-Michael

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 15
alane0709
in reply to: michael.huang

hello

im gettiing the same serious error message.  im running windows 8.1 and have done the service pack update on my inventor 2014.  how can i fix this? i originally downloaded and have the student version of this and autcad 2014.

Message 4 of 15
pro.gen.van

Same problem here. 

Did SP1, and VBA failed error. Restarted etc...

please advise 

Message 5 of 15
blair
in reply to: pro.gen.van

Try RMB on the Inventor Icon and select the "Run as Administrator"

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 15
alane0709

Try this. Go to file explorer and search vba. Then when finished, find the .msi file, there should be several of them which is one for all the different languages. Select all of the .msi files, right click, install. If it is a language you cannot read, always click the left most button. This worked on my machine and works flawlessly now. 

Message 7 of 15
id147258388id
in reply to: alane0709

Hello Smiley Wink

I found a solution for this problem !!

You have to reinstall manually Vba7.msi frome (G:\3rdParty\x86\VBA\Vba7.psi) or (G:\3rdParty\x64\VBA\Vba7.psi) and Autodesk Inventor 2014 SP1 Update 3 will work properly.

And Enjoy Smiley LOL

source of information is

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2013/10/vba-failed-to-initialize-properly-error-in-inventor-2014-after...

source of information Cat Embarassed

Message 8 of 15
jacoblabenz
in reply to: michael.huang

That worked for me.  If you have installed the program through a browser download, you can also search through the downloaded files for vba7.msi and install it from there.

Message 9 of 15
dgmgjg
in reply to: jacoblabenz

Thankks for the tip it worked like a charm. Now back to the drawing board.

Message 10 of 15
TonyThompson

Thanks for the help everybody.  Had the same problem after installing MS Office earlier today, but it seems to be all fixed now.  BTW, for anyone who doesn't have their Inventor disc, you can also download the vba7.msi file from here...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Message 11 of 15
qdotter
in reply to: TonyThompson

It seems that for those fixes to work, you must NOT have Microsoft Visual Studio running in the background.  I assume this means any microsoft product that might interfere with the VBA installation must NOT be open.

Other than that, those quick fixes work perfectly!

Message 12 of 15

Thanks TonyThompson!

That fixed my 2015 deployment.
Message 13 of 15

Thanks by your assistance. Your solution worked right!

@id147258388id wrote:

Hello Smiley Wink

I found a solution for this problem !!

You have to reinstall manually Vba7.msi frome (G:\3rdParty\x86\VBA\Vba7.psi) or (G:\3rdParty\x64\VBA\Vba7.psi) and Autodesk Inventor 2014 SP1 Update 3 will work properly.

And Enjoy Smiley LOL

source of information is

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2013/10/vba-failed-to-initialize-properly-error-in-inventor-2014-after...

source of information Cat Embarassed

Message 14 of 15
m.hermann
in reply to: id147258388id

that works, thanks
Message 15 of 15

In my case it was Vba71.msi that needed to be re-installed to get my Inventor 2016 Pro installation working again. Inventor 2016 became broken after I removed Inventor 2015 because I installed Inventor 2017 on my machine. No need for three versions of Inventor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report