Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aaron
191 Views, 1 Reply

Vault Question

I have 3 computers that I have inventor on: 1. My engineering office at work, my personal laptop and my desktop at home. All 3 installs are on the exact same setup and operating system yet all 3 have their quirks. What is really annoying is my installation at home always wants to save default to vault/ inventor/ designs, some directory I do not use. It does not reference where I last pulled my drawings from like every other installtion of inventor I have done. I don't understand why this installtion does this. I am used to inventor referencing where I last was in assemblies, drawings and part files etc.. I have tried going into application options/ save and I cant figure it out. 

It is very frustrating working at home and inventor alwasy going to the same file folder by default when I want to open a file or save etc.. Any tips on why this does this would help. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pcrawley
in reply to: aaron

Check the Project file you are using.  Suggest you set up an IPJ and copy it to all three machines if you want consistency.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report