Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Missing Buttons in Inventor

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
carlos.arredondo
2496 Views, 11 Replies

Vault Missing Buttons in Inventor

Regards,
A customer has a problem with the add-in of Vault in Inventor. Log In and Log Out options are lost as shown in the picture. The machine already formatted and installed applications again but the problem continues. Do you know something about thisproblem? Thank you!VaultAddin Lost.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Looks like you're not logged into Vault from within the Inventor application.

Go to the Inventor Icon there in the upper Left and select Vault Server, then Login.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 3 of 12

Thank you! But in the application menu does not appear in the record icon. Also if it is not can not log on.

Message 4 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: carlos.arredondo

It also looks like there is nothing open.  Try opening a file and see if those buttons are then usable.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 12
carlos.arredondo
in reply to: Cadmanto

No matter if I have a file open or not, you should see the options to access and exit of the Vault (Log In and Log Out). In the control panel does not appear installed the applicationbut opened from a shortcut located in the taskbar. It's very strange!

Thank you for your help!

Message 6 of 12

Might be a long shot but did you by chance install Vault before you installed Inventor?

Or do a repair install of Inventor?

Vault needs to have the CAD applications (Inventor, AutoCAD, etc) installed first so it can then install the required add-ins.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 7 of 12
Cadmanto

No, I understand that.  I was just wondering if it would give you different results.

Also wondering with a file open and you select the down arrow next to the model and select "Vault"

from the drop down if that gave you any different results as well.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 8 of 12
karthur1

Carlos,

Here is what I see without any files open in Inventor.

Vault_Tab.png

I have seen the issue you are havin before, but I dont remember exactly what I did to fix it.  Go to Start>Control Panel, Programs and Features and find the Autodesk Vault installation.  Right click on it and choose "uninstall/Change" and then pick Add or Remove Features. Make sure the "Inventor 2012 Add-in" is selected.

I'm showing Vault 2012 here, but it would be similar for 2011.

Vault_Add-in.png

Message 9 of 12

I already tried that but the add-ins are installed. The strange thing is that the machine is formatted, the Autodesk software has been installed again but the problem persists. Thank you for your help. I will try to perform the installation again.
Regards!

Message 10 of 12
karthur1

Go to the Vault tab. Right-click in an open area of the menu. Select the "Show Panels". It looks like you have both the File Status and Access panels selected.  But, try toggling both of them off and then back on. 

If that didnt work, I would just go back to the control panel and uninstall the addins, then go back and re-add them back in.   For some reason, it looks like your Access panel is hosed up.

Message 11 of 12
carlos.arredondo
in reply to: karthur1

I contacted with the Autodesk Team Support and they gave me the solution. This is the Autodesk answer:
"For this issue, please load the Inventor add-in "EDM Add-in." It is hidden, so you will need to choose "show hidden" inside of the Inventor Add-in menu".
Thank you for your help!

Best regards!

Message 12 of 12
feldwill

Also, just to keep a record on this thread.  I had Open/Place option greyed out and was missing Vault option above the tree menu.  What fixed that was reloading Project file.  Clicked on random project file once all files are closed and go back to the original.  I think this glitch has to do with iLogic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report