Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault for Manufacturing 2012

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
mdwildcat
692 Views, 15 Replies

Vault for Manufacturing 2012

We have  received our flash drive for Inventor 2012.  We use Vault for Manufacturing and need to know if Vault for Manufacturing 2012 has been released yet.  If it has been how do we obtain our updated version?  If not when will it be released and is Vault for Manufacturing 2011 compatible with Inventor 2012?

If anyone can help me find the answer to these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
john.laidler
in reply to: mdwildcat

Vault Manufacuring is now called... "Vault Professional 2012'.  This is not the Vault that is supplied with the Suites however.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 16
mdwildcat
in reply to: john.laidler

Is the way it released different from previous years?  We have always used Vault Professioal and Inventor.

Message 4 of 16
john.laidler

Nope... same as before.  Only the 'basic' Vault is shipped with the suites.

John Laidler

Message 5 of 16
mdwildcat
in reply to: john.laidler

Thanks,  How do I go about requesting our version of Vault Professional 2012?  And is Vault Professional 2011 compatible with Inventor 2012 so that we may use vault until we receive our version of 2012.

Message 6 of 16
john.laidler

Conact your reseller.  Also, Inventor 2012 will not be compatible with Vault 2011.

John Laidler

Message 7 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey

Vault Professional 2012 is available for download on your subscription site. You can also order a DVD (yes - it's a DVD). Just got mine yesterday along with all my other subscription products.

If you are not on subscription for Vault Pro, you will need to upgrade Vault in order to use it with IV2012

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 8 of 16
mdwildcat

Did you have to request the DVD sepreatly from requesting Inventor?  Or did you get it in one Request?

Message 9 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey

Yes, I checked all 27 products in subscription for shipment.

At this stage, it would be easier to download it from the subscription site, It's not that large.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 10 of 16
mdwildcat

The Vault that is in the Product Design Suite Premium the same as Vault Professional 2012?

Message 11 of 16
DarrenP

no its not

read attached

the suites comes with basic vault

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 16
mdwildcat
in reply to: DarrenP

Ok thank you.  So if I tell my boss to go to the same website he requeated the Inventor DVD (flash drive) he can get it there and have it sent to us.  Is that correct?

Message 13 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey

Yes, but you will have a couple week delay. Better to download  the files.

Message 14 of 16
mdwildcat
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks thats what I thought.  I talked to my boss but he says he has to wait to get a serial number from Autodesk is this correct?  We already have our Inventor 2012 we are just needing to get Vault Professional 2012.

Message 15 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey

The serial number should have been in an email from autodesk subscription sent directly to your subscription administrator.

See attached image

Message 16 of 16
scottmoyse
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

you can also get your serial number in the contracts section of the subscription site. No need to wait for e-mails or to contact your reseller. You have to be the contract administrator to see them though. If you are just an employee given access to the sub site by your manager or IT dept then you won't be able to see the contracts section of the sub site.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report