Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault basic 2013 needed for content center?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
slphantom
381 Views, 3 Replies

vault basic 2013 needed for content center?

when I was installing content center after I already installed IV2013 it told me I needed to install vault basic. Do I really need to have it installed? We have never used it in the 10+ years we have been using inventor. I ask this because my co-worker does not have it installed and he can use content center and my I.T. guy came down and asked why I have it installed.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
3 REPLIES 3
Message 3 of 4

As long as you have the CC files located where you or anyone else can access them (such as on a main server), you can use them without Vault. I've never done such but it should be possible.

Look into using Vault, it can be a huge time saver and it can also save your life as far as files go. Copy Design is a huge advantage that I've used numerous times. Vault Workgroups adds in revision control if that's needed. I swear by Vault (I know, some people swear at it).

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report