Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Add-In not allowing Open (Check Out All)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CrAzY-MiKe
784 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Add-In not allowing Open (Check Out All)

I am hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this matter. There is an attached screenshot.

Following a recent Inventor crash (another topic entirely), I re-started Inventor and logged in to Vault Workgroups, all with no problems. From the Ribbon Vault Tab I chose Open, browsed to and selected one of my I-Assemblies. I clicked the down arrow next to the Open button at the bottom right corner of the dialog box, and was surprised that the Open (Check Out All) option was grayed out. This has never been the case before now. I have checked with quite a few other Assembliles and I-Parts, all of which are currently in sync with the Vault, and none of them allow me the option of Open (Check Out All).

This has persisted for 2 days now, meaning I have shut my workstation down completely and re-started each morning. Is there some system setting or variable that needs adjustment? Is there some disconnect between the Inventor Vault add-in and Vault Workgroups itself that results in this option being disabled?

This inquiring mind sure would like to know! Thanks.

Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CrAzY-MiKe
in reply to: CrAzY-MiKe

Update: It has been nearly 2 weeks now, with no change, and no responses to this post. From this, I am guessing that nobody else has had a similar issue.

Aside from this, Inventor is behaving normally. Since I cannot perform an "Open (Check Out All)" and I distrust seeing "Write Enabled/Not Checked Out" when saving my assemblies, I have been using the Update Properties button for each of the rows in my I-Assembly tables. This of course does massive check-outs of parts and sub-assemblies. I can assure you that this is a tedious process, but lends to error-free check-ins at the end of my editing sessions. The downside is all the new versions that get generated needlessly.

This may be a unique result, of a random nature, following from the crash. I will wait a bit longer for a reply, but failing that, I think an uninstall and reinstall of Inventor might be the best option for resolving this issue.

Michael Hollingsworth
Message 3 of 4
CrAzY-MiKe

Ultimately (and as I expected) the solution was to uninstall and reinstall Inventor. I did the same with Vault Workgroups, just in case. My "Check Out All" functionality has been restored. It was probably a crash-related snafu in the first place.

Michael Hollingsworth
Message 4 of 4
bcitrowske

This has croped up at my work, but I'm the only one that seems to notice. I have noticed on other people machines the same problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report