Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the parameters used in the part file in assembly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nayak111
452 Views, 4 Replies

Using the parameters used in the part file in assembly

In order to perform an analysis on an inventor assembly, i need to directly change the parameters in assembly but i have made use of parameters in part file and ensured that the constraints in assembly wont be effected as per my parameter changes...

But the parameters i used in part file wont show in the assembly, is there any way i could change those parameter values in the assembly as a whole and not in part file?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nayak111
in reply to: nayak111

Basically if there is a parameter "a" in any part file , i want it to be displayed in the assembly under parameters section..
Message 3 of 5
CCarreiras

Hi!

Yes, is possible.

You have to link the parameters between assembly and the part.

First add the parameters you have in the part in the assembly (user parameters)

you can give a slygty different name for these parameters to recognize them better, ex:

For parameter "with" you can name "With_iam" in the assembly and "With" in the part.

Next create one iLogic rule in the assembly to link these parameters in the assembly, and that's it: if you change parameters in the assembly, they will be changed in the part.

You can even have a box like the image bellow to fill the values in a better way.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

Clipboard01.pngClipboard02.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
nayak111

I am extremely thankful to you, you helped me solve my painful problem in a very easy way...And ilogic is a really cool thing, i didn't know about it..☺

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report