Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the 'Make Component' functionality

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
234 Views, 1 Reply

Using the 'Make Component' functionality

Hello,

I am attempting to make a series of parts and an assembly from a simple layout drawing.  The layout drawing is in a part file (layout.ipt) and included in a single sketch, named Layout.

The Layout sketch contains 2D sketchs of two chambers connected by a representation of a pipe.  After I create the sketch geometry, I utilize 'Create Blocks' to create the following three blocks.

1) DD_Block

2) Upstream_Block

3) Input_Pipe_Block

After that, I right-click on the individual blocks and make sure that 'Export Control' is checked for each block.  From there, I click 'Create Components' and go through selecting the three blocks that I want to make parts and an assembly for (the three blocks typed above).

Next is where I get into problems.  All the tutorials say that parts and assembly files should now selected, the template is selected, and then I hit next and NOTHING happens.  There is no 2nd dialog screen and no parts and assembly in my working folder.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

Matt

thanks,

Matt

By the way, it is Inventor 2015.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The behavior does not sound right to me. Could you post the ipt file here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report