Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using multiple imate composites on a single part

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
srestmeyer
275 Views, 0 Replies

Using multiple imate composites on a single part

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I am trying to automate the assembly of defined components using iMates. I created half of the iMate (3x) on each part to be joined together using workpoints and the mate constraint. I named each imate with corresponding names and added the other imate half in the matching list. I then created a composite imate from the three single imates and named them accordingly.

It all worked great until I added a second imate composite for a different component on the same part. The second composite has completely different workpoints assigned and have their own unique names which are specified on their mates matching list.

Now when I insert a part it seems to be confused as to which composite imate to use. Even though the names and matching list are specific about what to mate to.

Am I missing somthing, or is there a restriction to how many composite imate a single part can have?

Maybe there is a better approach, other than imates, I should be using for what I want to do?

Any input you can give is appreciated.

Scott

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report