Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using inventor with a cam package

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
439 Views, 9 Replies

using inventor with a cam package

anyone know of a cam package compatable with inventor
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Check out EdgeCAM (www.pathtrace.com). There are a few others i've heard of, but EdgeCAM seems to work alongside IV the best.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I am using MasterCam V9 SP1, it does have an inventor .ipt file converter, but it only work with Inv 5.3 .ipt files. I export the files from IV 6 SP1 in .iges format and haven't had any problems. MasterCam claims that Version 9 SP2 will fix the inventor version 6 file contvering issues.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

The latest version of Mastercam is.

Pat

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
anyone
know of a cam package compatable with inventor
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

SolidCAM runs live inside of Inventor. See www.solidcam.com or www.solidcamsupport.com to see streaming video of this working
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

wrote in message news:5114758@discussion.autodesk.com...
SolidCAM runs live inside of Inventor. See www.solidcam.com or
www.solidcamsupport.com to see streaming video of this working

as it's the weekend would you know the cost of this product.

dj
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

As with most CAM software the product is modular. Pricing for 2.5D is $3900 and so on from there. Give the distributor a call at 888-225-2865 and I am sure they can help you more. There is a free demo version of the software that you can download from www.solidcam.com. This allows you to try all the functionality ( Milling thru 5 axis simultaneous, turning EDM etc.) and ask the right questions. All it won't do is post code.
Message 8 of 10
miketibbets

We use Edgecam. The biggest problem we have is waiting for Edgecam to catch up with the latest release of Inventor. Usually takes about the same time as SP1. Actually this is probably a good problem to have, as I do not implement the latest release until after the SP is released.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hi

Hypermill is one that works with IV, flawless machining from what I've seen, has always been "collision free" machining, from Openmind Technologies.

Bill
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Have a look at InventorCAM www.inventorcam.com or see link http://www.experiencemanufacturing.com/content/inventorcam
It is fully integrated within Autodesk Inventor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report