Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iLogic/Rules with iParts and iAssembly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ASchlaack
493 Views, 6 Replies

Using iLogic/Rules with iParts and iAssembly

I have many parts that all are iParts in and assembly. And they all have to change with eachother so the assembly itself is an iAssembly. When I change the iAssembly values so it changes the part it also changes the parts name on the parent child tree adding in a value.

2014-07-16_0850.png

In this case it added in "36" on the "LEFT_FRAME_LEG-SKIRT" and if i change the value in the table the value 36 will change along with it. This is where I run into my issue. I also need to use iLogic/Rules to suppress parts at times. but because the part names all change the rule losses what part it's related to. How can I get around this issue?

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: ASchlaack

I think I posted on this before ... That might have to be written in to Suppress all values that = "72" ...or turn on all that don't = Or can you do level of Details?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
ASchlaack
in reply to: mdavis22569

How should I use Level of Detail do you think? Also, the 72 was just like the 36 value, it can change depending on what part of iAssembly I select.

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 7
jalger

Hi ASchlaack,

You need to Stablize the Names first. (Change the name in the Browser to a generic name that reperents both the 36 and the 72 part)

So, "LEFT_ FRAME_LEG-SKIRT(_CO)36:1" Becomes "Left Frame Leg Skirt_1"  Removing the ":1" makes it unique.

After that if you have different mates for each part you will need to suppress the mates and the parts at the same time otherwise you will end up with errors. The best thing to do is to make a quick excel spreadsheet or a quick hand drawn chart to figure out what you want to control.

You need to decide is what are you going to use as the control to drive the logic.

is it going to be driven by a user parameter, or a model parameter?

I hope this Helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 7
ASchlaack
in reply to: jalger

James, I think that may just work. Thanks!

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Message 6 of 7
jalger

No problem,

Let me know if you have trouble coding it.

I love setting up models with ilogic.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 7 of 7
ASchlaack
in reply to: jalger

Hey James, I'm just now getting around to  doing what you told me would fix the issue. And it worked. Thank you so much!!

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
Autodesk Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report