Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using excel spreadsheet in Design accelerator

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
661 Views, 3 Replies

Using excel spreadsheet in Design accelerator

Hello,

I am working on a gearbox design that requires multiple iterations on the shaft dimensins and other parts, so linking  the dimiensinos to a spreadsheet would make this easier. However, I'm using the design accelerator for the shaft and other components and I cannot find any information on how to connect the dimensions I enter in that design accelerator to a speadsheet. 

I know how to link to a spreadsheet for a regular component, but haven't used that much.

Is what I'm trying to do at all possible?

Thanks for your time.

Marvin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello again,

after looking into it some more I managed to put in parameters into the design accelerator dimension boxes. However, I cannot access the linked parameters from there. It works fine with a regular sketch, but the accelerator only lists user and model parameters.

Does anyone know how I can change that?

Thanks again,

Marvin

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

In case someone runs into the same problem sometime, here is the solution to my problem (got help from someone else).

Autodesk seems to have forgotten to integrate the ability to use linked variables in the design accelerator. I got around this by creating a user variable and setting it to be equal to the corresponding linked variable.

Thanks.

Marvin

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hello Marvin

I have the same problem.

I did not succeded.

There is a catch?

Thank you

Radu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report