Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using different part lists

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chorch123
236 Views, 4 Replies

Using different part lists

Hello,

i'd like to know if it's possible to use two different styles of part list in the same project.

For example, one for assembly drawings and anotrher for single part drawings.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: chorch123

Yes.  In your Styles and Standards editor, you can create as many parts list styles as you want, and switch between them just like you would dimension styles.

Message 3 of 5
chorch123
in reply to: jtylerbc

Yes, i have different styles, but the problem comes when switching them. If i use "replace style" it doesn´t work properly because it doesn't change everything, so i need to change the "default values" of the whole standard but just for this drawing, and i find this quite dangerous due to future "do you want refresh the current style" pop-ups...

Message 4 of 5
jtylerbc

I'm not following why you're using "Replace Style" at all.  It seems to me that this should be as simple as:

Create both of your styles

Create parts list on the drawing

Select the parts list, pick the appropriate style from the drop-down list on the Format panel of the Annotate tab.

I have a couple of different parts list styles that I use for two different types of assemblies, and handle it this way.  If that is somehow unsuitable for what you're trying to do, I think you're going to have to elaborate on your situation a bit.

Message 5 of 5
SBix26

It's true that only one parts list style can be the default, but you can have more than one style, and, as jtylerbc notes, change it either before you place a PL or after.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report