Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Created Dimensioning Styles

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Orbitron
771 Views, 6 Replies

Using Created Dimensioning Styles

I've read the Wiki Help and did a search for related topics, but none answer my question.

I needed to create new dimensioning styles - that I can do.  However, there doesn't seem to be a way to apply them to a current drawing.  In the Annotation section under Format there are no "styles" listed  - not even the default.

So, how is one able to populate the list so one may choose a specific style or another?  Or, is there somewhere else I should be looking?

BTW...AutoCAD Inventor 2012

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Orbitron

In the Styles Editor, look for "Object Defaults".  Creating a new Dim style, only makes it available.  In Object Defaults, you can actually assign that style to the various dimension types (liner, radial etc).  Once assigned there, you should be able to use them.

Message 3 of 7
Orbitron
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the reply.  I found the "Object Defaults", but I see nothing there that allows me to assign anything.  I can filter the list - nothing more.

Message 4 of 7
cbenner

Is there a style under the Object Defaults.. .or more than one?  It should look like this:

od.JPG

First column is the Object type, second is the style you want to assign to that object. On the left under Object Defaults, you can create multiple styles, for different types of documents.... if you choose.

Message 5 of 7
drlamb

On your standard, make sure it is checked under available styles.

Donald L.

Inventor Product Design Suite 2016
Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit
HP h8-1380t - i7-3820 @ 3.6 GHz
16 Gb
AMD Radeon HD7950 3Gb
Message 6 of 7
Orbitron
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you gentlemen!  It still took some playing around with, but I believe I understand the relationships and sequence of events much better.

Message 7 of 7
drlamb

If you want to make them globally available, don't forget to save them to your style library.

Donald L.

Inventor Product Design Suite 2016
Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit
HP h8-1380t - i7-3820 @ 3.6 GHz
16 Gb
AMD Radeon HD7950 3Gb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report