Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CAD Manager Channel #2

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wengerbryan
404 Views, 1 Reply

Using CAD Manager Channel #2

Referencing my earlier post : I can't believe there's no one out there who knows how to use the CAD Manager Channel in Inventor..... any input???

Inventor 2013 - My end goal here is to notify our users of available updates.  I've given up on Live Updates because apparently it only notifies of service packs and not just updates since update 2 is now available and it isn't registering on live update in Inventor.  My next recourse is to use the CAD Manager Channel to notify users which I have set up via the CAD Manager Control Utility.  I have formatted the xml file per RSS 2.0 and the xml file is in the location where the communication center in Inventor is looking but it says "cannot connect to feed".  The feed location is correct in the CAD Manager Control Utility and the CAD Manager Channel is enabled.  Is anyone using this and if so how?

Inventor 2012 SP2
Vault Collaboration 2013 SP1
Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3503 2.4GHz, AMD FirePro V4900
Windows 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you. I have reported this as a bug to Autodesk support and... they basically said:
"Actually yes, Cad manager doesn't work if you use a file store on a network server"
2 solutions were proposed to me:

• use a local file, ie. stored on each users' computer ; convenient isn't it ?
  • use a file hosted on an internet site...

This was the situation 1 year ago and this seems to be in the same state today.
this situation is, on my opinion, unacceptable, as this feature can greatly ease software maintenance.

I encourage you to open a ticket on autodesk support site in order to trace the need for developers.

Regards,
Aurélien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report