Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

arandmd
Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

Using a ProE drawing template in Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD

228 Views, 1 Replies
09-24-2013 10:07 AM

I customer sent me a drawing template I need to use to submit a drawing to them.  It is a ProE template which has a file extension of .frm.1  Any suggestions on how to open this file extension and use it using either Autodesk Inventor or AutoCad?  This would be greatly appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 2 (223 Views)

Re: Using a ProE drawing template in Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD

09-24-2013 10:20 AM in reply to: arandmd

It has been a while, but I remember Pro-E and that file extension.  It alone is not compatible with Inventor.

If you look at the file types that are excepted this is not one of them.

proe.JPG

What I would do is talk to the customer that supplied it and see if they save that template out as a .dxf file so you can import that and save that internally to Inventor as a template file.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!