Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User work plane, axis and points bug

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
534 Views, 7 Replies

User work plane, axis and points bug

Currently using 2012 and I had the same problem in 2010.

When I turn visibility off and on in an assembly, all previously constructed user planes, axis and points become visible.

Is there a fix available to download?

Jerry

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you talking about using Object Visibility?  If you toggle work planes on, all work planes which are set in their original part or assembly as visible, will become visible.  All that are set to invisible in the original part or assembly will remain invisible.  Object visibility just tells the parts or assemblie to display these items as they are set in the original part or assembly. 

Ex.  Assembly "A" has parts 1,2, & 3 in it.  In part 1, all origin planes had the visibility manually set to off.  2 & 3 did not.  At the Assembly "A" level the user sets Object Visibility of origin planes to Visible... he will only see the origin planes for parts 2 & 3.

Was this what you were asking?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

No, I know how to use object visibility and turn origin and user planes, axis and points visibility on and off in the browser.

My problem is, when in a high iam and I need to make a lower iam invisible to perform a function, when I inturn make the lower iam visible again, all the user created planes, axis and points then become visible even though I have them invisible through the browser. To fix this I can find each plane, axis or point and turn them off in the browser or go to View, Object Visibility and turn them all off there, but that also turns off visbilty of any user plans I am currently using or I can leave all visible and work in that environment. This was a problem in 2010 as well as 2012 that I am currently using.

J.

Message 4 of 8
BLHDrafting

It's annoying and I have not found a fix yet.

What I do is use the keyboard commands to turn all on/off :-

CTRL + ] = toggle origin places

CTRL + / = toggle origin axis on/off

CTRL + . = toggle origin centre point on/off

Substitute ALT for CTRL to toggle user planex/axis/points.

Not perfect but quick and saves manually find ALL of those offending planes/axis/points and turning them off only to see them on again later!

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: BLHDrafting

I think this also has something to do with sub-assemblies reverting to their "master" design view when turned invisible.

(which is a bit annoying in my opinion)

You can "fix" it by right-clicking the sub-assy, selecting "representation" and choosing the "default" or other relevant design view from the dropdown list.

You could also check the mark for "associative" but that'll give warnings when you try to make the sub-assy invisible again...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

Understood.....

Message 7 of 8
ampster401

I don't experience this due to the habit of turning off work features before closing a part file.

But it sounds like I'm the minority when it comes to this.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster401

I follow the same practice of turning origin and user planes axis and points off when I thru. Read my second description of problem.

J.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report