Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Appearances all have weldcat0.bmp and yellow tint.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Diequa
747 Views, 5 Replies

User Appearances all have weldcat0.bmp and yellow tint.

This happened when I updated to Inventor 2015, dont know how it happened, the only custom thing I did was move/migrate my templates over to 2015 version. This was about a month ago, I didn't notice till last week, when I went to realistic render which is the only time the tint shows up, and they all seems to default to having weldcat0.bmp as the image.

This override has went into almost all my files, even when I import a step file.  They'll look fine in all the views except realistic.  My project files are all pointing to the 2015 version of all the library files.  I'm completly lost...The apperance editor is the worse thing about this software, always had problems since they brought out the new one.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LT.Rusty
in reply to: Diequa

I had a similar problem when moving from 2011 to 2013 at the office.  Almost all of my hardware textures changed from semi-polished (they're all stainless) to a custom appearance that we have for an open-cast material that looks like concrete.  Never could figure out what happened, I just had to go into every single item and fix them one by one.  It isn't even something that could be fixed by changing the texture - the override wouldn't clear no matter what I did.  I had to go in and edit the stainless steel material on about 150 different nuts, bolts, washers, springs, etc.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Diequa
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Well that's definitly not the answer I wanted to hear Smiley LOL.

Ended up just uninstalling all of inventor along with all the add-ons, reinstalled and its fixed....for now.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
AVIDC2AC

This Still is not Fixed someone at Autodesk needs to address this, I upgraded from 14 to 15 and this happend. And now upgraded from 15 to 17 and it re- did this to all of my files again. These were all fixed in 2015 so there is somthing going on within Inverntor.

Specifically on Polycarbonate and on previously imported Step files.

Message 5 of 6
Diequa
in reply to: AVIDC2AC

I don't remember what I did to fix this, but I did eventually get it, I think I possibly even uninstalled the program then reinstalled it.

I had another issue that was similar where textures would be deleted literally from the computer hard drive, don't ask me how that happened...but maybe you can try what I did to fix that.

First goto C:\Autodesk\PRDSU_2017_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm\Content\ADSKMaterials\2017 or where ever you have the installation files and browse to the ADSKMaterial folder, there will be a bunch of folders that have just two to three letters in them click on each one and install the .msi files inside those folders, this will reinstall all the material files and put them at their default location. 

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6
AVIDC2AC

Ill give that a try and post back thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report