Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
Diequa
Message 1 of 3 (94 Views)
Accepted Solution

User Appearances all have weldcat0.bmp and yellow tint.

94 Views, 2 Replies
07-17-2014 09:14 AM

This happened when I updated to Inventor 2015, dont know how it happened, the only custom thing I did was move/migrate my templates over to 2015 version. This was about a month ago, I didn't notice till last week, when I went to realistic render which is the only time the tint shows up, and they all seems to default to having weldcat0.bmp as the image.

This override has went into almost all my files, even when I import a step file.  They'll look fine in all the views except realistic.  My project files are all pointing to the 2015 version of all the library files.  I'm completly lost...The apperance editor is the worse thing about this software, always had problems since they brought out the new one.

Well that's definitly not the answer I wanted to hear :smileylol:.

Ended up just uninstalling all of inventor along with all the add-ons, reinstalled and its fixed....for now.

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
LT.Rusty
Message 2 of 3 (85 Views)

Re: User Appearances all have weldcat0.bmp and yellow tint.

07-17-2014 09:34 AM in reply to: Diequa

I had a similar problem when moving from 2011 to 2013 at the office.  Almost all of my hardware textures changed from semi-polished (they're all stainless) to a custom appearance that we have for an open-cast material that looks like concrete.  Never could figure out what happened, I just had to go into every single item and fix them one by one.  It isn't even something that could be fixed by changing the texture - the override wouldn't clear no matter what I did.  I had to go in and edit the stainless steel material on about 150 different nuts, bolts, washers, springs, etc.

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013, 2014, 2015

Workstation: i7-4770k / ASUS Z87-Pro / 16GB / 250 GB SSD / 1 TB HDD / 3 TB USB3 HDD / Radeon R9-270X 4GB
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite P755-S5269 (i7-2630QM / 8 GB / 250 GB SSD / 750 GB HDD / GT540M)

Contributor
Diequa
Message 3 of 3 (59 Views)

Re: User Appearances all have weldcat0.bmp and yellow tint.

07-17-2014 12:25 PM in reply to: LT.Rusty

Well that's definitly not the answer I wanted to hear :smileylol:.

Ended up just uninstalling all of inventor along with all the add-ons, reinstalled and its fixed....for now.

Thanks.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.