Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

paul.schalk
Message 1 of 3 (224 Views)

use iLogic to check if file is checked out from vault

224 Views, 2 Replies
03-14-2014 03:35 AM

Hi, 

As we use Vault Basic, I've written a code that does some "release management". It ensures proper design statusses on the drawing, auto indicates if a revision is needed and places that is so and generates pdf, dwg, step and dwf. It works fine, though I have a minor problem regarding the checked out status. 

It is possible to save files, although they are not checked out. The read-only status is removed but the modifications are not saved to vault. 

This is quite a problem, as we can release drawings while the modifications in the idw are not saved into vault. 

To solve this, the iLogic code needs to check if the drawing is checked out from Vault. I haven't found any solution for this yet, so hopefully there is a way to do so. 

Thanks in advance; 

Regards, Paul

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

Re: use iLogic to check if file is checked out from vault

03-14-2014 09:27 AM in reply to: paul.schalk

Hi paul.schalk,

I've not done any ilogic with the Vault add in, but I think I've seen some topics about this on the Inventor Customization forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/bd-p/120

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

paul.schalk
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: use iLogic to check if file is checked out from vault

05-09-2014 04:49 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Curtis, 

Will take a look at it. Thanks for the advise. 

Regards, Paul

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!