Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Student in dire need of getting Inventor 11 functioning PROPERLY

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
envisioning
203 Views, 7 Replies

URGENT: Student in dire need of getting Inventor 11 functioning PROPERLY

Ok, I installed the program with no errors (erased adobe flash for the install)...

Everything boots fine. I get in the program and start a new project no problem.

However... I tried following tutorials... and the first one involved making a rectangle and Dimensioning it in order to turn it into a square....

Such an easy feat... however it DOESNT work on MY computer.

I will make the rectangle... make the dimensions... go to edit the size... edit the size... hit enter... (or the checkmark) and NOTHING happens...

In a desperate attempt, I installed it on my buddies pc... WORKS FINE!

So, I did this to make sure I was not the problem. I am doing it correctly.

It works like a charm on my buddies pc... why does it not work on mine? What Gives??

Please help me out, I'm sure it's a stupid setting somewhere... just dont know where it is?

Thanks

EDIT

Just wanted to clarify the post...
The dimensioning and resizing works perfectly on other computers (such as my buddies pc as well as the computers at school)

So, I am doing the process properly, just not getting the same results on my pc.

Again, the dimensions work fine, but when i edit the size... it doesnt update the size of the rectangle on the grid... it does nothing. No errors... nada...

Edited by: envisioning on Sep 17, 2009 5:27 AM Edited by: envisioning on Sep 17, 2009 5:29 AM
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SMB2201
in reply to: envisioning

I am assuming you can change a dimensions value but hitting enter doesnt change the length of the line? Does going to Tools > Rebuild All have any effect? Cant think of a setting that would delay the change in dimension value like changing the offset value of a workplane does which requires a rebuild to show new position. Could be a graphics thing or other hardware related issue. Have you checked the bottom left corner to see if there is a prompt waiting for you to select, change or enter something?
Message 3 of 8
envisioning

Correct... I can change the value... but when hitting enter... the shape and the value stays the same.

It's ridiculous

also, there is no message or prompt anywhere... Edited by: envisioning on Sep 17, 2009 6:24 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Did you apply Fix constraints to your sketch?
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
http://teknigroup.com
Message 5 of 8
envisioning

no i did not fix the sketch...

thanks for the quick replies fellas... but i think the first response was correct.. i think its just a hardware issue

also i am running vista 64bit... i understand that the software is not supported for this OS..
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

That is correct. Did you install using these tips?

http://teknigroup.com/tutorials/InstallAdsk2009.html
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
http://teknigroup.com
Message 7 of 8
JDMather

>no i did not fix the sketch...

Attach the file here.

Students can download Inventor 2010 64-bit version for free from http://engineersrule.org and register to activate free 13-month license.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
ferrisb

If you zoom around or even just go ahead and extrude your sketch does the dimension then update?
I've had this hapen with 3d sketches.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report