Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upper case in Part List

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
luiww
7426 Views, 4 Replies

Upper case in Part List

I wonder if one could change the characters in the part list to upper case when the file name is in lower case.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: luiww

This WILL NOT work for the filesnames, but will for other iproperties such as description, comments, etc.

1. Open the BOM for the assembly
  2. Highlight the entries you wish to have upper case
  3. RMB and select CAPITALIZE

UpperCase.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 5
luiww

How do I open the BOM for assembly?  Is this under the assembly annotate tab or using the design manager?  I tried both and not able to locate it.

Message 4 of 5
pcrawley

Just mouse-over the parts list in the drawing so it highlights - right-click - Select Bill Of Material.

You can select everything in the BOM editor (click in top-left corner and drag down and right) - then right-click and select "Capitalise".  

As the previous post says, you can't capitalise filename (or anything else that is grey).  These typically include library and CC parts.

Peter
Message 5 of 5
IgorMir

Just like that. Please see the attached.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report