Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Office from 2007 to 2010

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jeanchile
556 Views, 4 Replies

Upgrade Office from 2007 to 2010

Hello all,

My desktop and laptop have been running Microsoft Office 2007 since the dark ages (well, probably more like 2007). All the new workstations around here have 2010. I am considering upgrading but I want to make sure I can just go ahead and do this without causing issues with IV.

I would assume it's fine to do it but I thought I would ask before I did. Anybody ever have issues doing this? Should I wait until the next time we upgrade PDSU and do it then?

Inventor Professional
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: jeanchile

Using Office2010 without any problems. Excel 2003 - 2010 is listed as supported.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
jeanchile
in reply to: blair

Sorry blair, my OP was a bit ambiguous. What I meant was this:

Inventor is currently using Excel 2007 on my machine for it's iParts, tables, etc. If I just upgrade/install Excel 2010 is there anything I need to do with Inventor or will it just accept the new program and work as though nothing happened?

In short I'm worried that by upgrading Office I'll end up screwing a whole bunch of IV stuff, is it cool to upgrade or should I wait until the next time I upgrade IV as well?

I apologize for my ignorance about this, I just don't want IV to go looking for Excel 2007 when it's not there.

Thanks again for your help with this stupid question.

Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 5
Paul-Mason
in reply to: jeanchile

When saving a previous version  there will be a splash screen similar to the attached, all needs to done is click on CONTINUE the file will be saved in the same format as the original, 2007 xls,l it will be perfectly compatible with inventor

The other thing to take note of is that where the file name is displayed there is the addition of "file name [compatibility mode] - Microsoft excel

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 5 of 5
jeanchile
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Excellent, thank you for the help. I'll see if I can get this done tomorrow.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report