Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 11 of 13 (182 Views)

Re: updating parts to Inventor assembly file

11-09-2012 09:41 AM in reply to: darnold

In your sketch did you use "Include Geometry"?

Have you had much Inventor training or experience?  This is a great place to go for a start on that:  http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

Valued Contributor
darnold
Message 12 of 13 (176 Views)

11-09-2012 10:13 AM in reply to: cbenner

Well the add-on worked and updated the parts to the assembly. 91 holes were transfered to various parts and it took about a half hour (my lunch).

I am a 20plus year Autocad user and a 1 month Inventor user. I completed a 4 day Inventor Essentials class, but bare essentials would have been more descriptive.

I thank you, Chris and Jeff for helping out this Newbie, and I will for future projects ultilize Inventor procedures.

Dan A. Thanks so much for the life saving advice. you saved me hours of redo.

Solved!

Valued Mentor
GSE_Dan_A
Message 13 of 13 (171 Views)

11-09-2012 10:54 AM in reply to: darnold

Any time! Glad I could be of assistance.  I know that feature can be pretty useful (more so if it could handle other feature migrations like chamfers, fillets, etc...)

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!