Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Older Templates

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
462 Views, 7 Replies

Updating Older Templates

I was wondering if there was anyway to update older templates to a newer one. At the company I work at there are hundreds of different versions of templates from different users. Rather than going in and updating properties for each file, I wasn't sure if there was a way to update everything at once.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Start >> All Programs >> Autodesk >> Inventor(version) >> Tools >> Drawing
Resource Transfer Wizard.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3, AIP 2009-SP2, IV2010 ProPcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB
XP Pro SP3, XP Pro64 SP2, Windows XP Silver Theme
http://teknigroup.com
Message 3 of 8
harco

Try drawing resource manager to move borders,title blocks and sketch symbols.

If I had a pound for every minute I was late I be a rich man!!! Edited by: harco on Jul 17, 2009 8:08 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Next time, I'll wait 3 minutes... 🙂

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3, AIP 2009-SP2, IV2010 ProPcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB
XP Pro SP3, XP Pro64 SP2, Windows XP Silver Theme
http://teknigroup.com
Message 5 of 8
karthur1

Once you get your template file the way that you want it, you can update all of the other idw's with a tool from Rene J.
You can set it up so that each time that you open an idw, it updates the styles, borders and sketched symbols to your new standard. You can use task manager to open all the idw's in a folder and it will update them automatically when the task is ran.
http://www.mcadforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8018

The only possible negative is that it only works on 32-bit installations.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

One of the main reasons for doing this is to update the mass properties, I guess when the company I work for started using Inventor they never set up materials. So each user had different default materials. Now they want to be able to get weights from the models, but none of the materials are set up. Wasn't sure if there was a way to update all these old drawings to a new default density.
Message 7 of 8
mcgyvr

Now that you have said its not the templates but incorrectly assigned materials for multiple parts I hate to tell you but you need to go into each part manually and assign the correct materials.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, I have an issue with the update , the weld symbols allways go back to 1." and I have tried going back to my template over and over and they are at .5" any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report