Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating of drawing template

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JL82
3950 Views, 9 Replies

Updating of drawing template

I have crated a drawing of the part. Now I must be updating the drawing template. How I can update the drawing templates to old drawings?

-Juha

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ravikmb5
in reply to: JL82

open a new template

save copy as template

save styles to library

open old drawings

click update styles

replace any new templates(if u have different template name)

or use Drawings Resource Transfer Wizard

Which is in Tools

956iEB705A9400613802

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 3 of 10
JL82
in reply to: ravikmb5

Now I changed the Title block. How I can update its? I tried to save to the style library but there is not saving anything? So blocks is not in style library?

Message 4 of 10
dacecrown

you can cut and paste the title block between drawings, when pasting it asked if you want to replace the existing (if the title block is the same name) or put a copy in. Then you can just save the new as a template file. 

Message 5 of 10
dacecrown
in reply to: dacecrown

forgot to say, right click and select copy from the drawing resources/title block/[title block name] in the drawing enviroment  as you cant select the title block directly from the drawing  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
wseaston

As in the post earlier in this thread, use the Drawing resource transfer tool. You can select to copy only the title block to the other target drawings.

Cheers

Message 7 of 10
telegraphist

Thank you so much ! You saved me from a boring and useless work ! 🙂

Message 8 of 10
Skanda_UNI
in reply to: ravikmb5

Is there a possibility to additionally copy the ilogic rules from the template into multiple drawings?

Thank you for your answer.

Message 9 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Skanda_UNI

@Skanda_UNI

This posting is 5 years old you should've creating your own posting..  Smiley Wink

But to answer your question..  Yes by using the Inventor Code Injector.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: Skanda_UNI

@Skanda_UNI

If you have 2018 Update 1 (2018.1) you can also use an external rule and set a trigger from the event triggers to apply to "all drawings"

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-B14A47F4-81D2-4627-A973-2BC7F790DF89

drgtrigger.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report