Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating ipt and iam templates

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
368 Views, 2 Replies

Updating ipt and iam templates

We use some iLogic rules and embedded spreadsheets in our ipt and iam templates, but we've recently made some changes to the iLogic.  Is there a way to push these changes back to legacy parts that already exist?  The Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard does exactly what I'm looking for, but that only works with drawings (as the title obviously states).  But I'm looking for a way to get the same result with our parts and assemblies.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ravikmb5
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

We use some iLogic rules and embedded spreadsheets in our ipt and iam templates, but we've recently made some changes to the iLogic.  Is there a way to push these changes back to legacy parts that already exist?  The Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard does exactly what I'm looking for, but that only works with drawings (as the title obviously states).  But I'm looking for a way to get the same result with our parts and assemblies.

Thanks!

i suggest to use  External ilogic rules for Long Projects

once u update External ilogic rule everything gets updated

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ravikmb5

Thanks Ravi, and that makes sense.  But what about parts that were created prior to our use of iLogic rules?  I'd like to "update" those files without going in to each one and manually doing so.  And this isn't only for iLogic, but also embedded spreadsheets, and custom parameters and iProperties.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report