Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
524 Views, 3 Replies

Updating drawing

So many time I come across this kind of problem and some time am able to resove but most of time am not.

I have attached screen shot related to this.
Drawing asking for updation showing update symbol i clicked on it but it stil asking for update. i opened assembly model and updated the assembly stil that warning symbol is ON.

Please anyone let me know the correct reason for this.

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

That's the "update all sheets" button, it will always be active when you have multiple sheets in your drawing.
(start an empty drawing and just add another sheet, no model. it'll light up as soon as you have 2 sheets.)

You can just ignore it, as long as there are no red lightning bolts next to you sheets.

It's there so you don't have to switch to each sheet to update.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

oh ok,

thanks for the information

Message 4 of 4
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Anonymous

I noticed in your picture that you have a drawing view selected (border around the view). If any view is selected this icon (update) ALWAYS comes on. Has been that way in in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Suspect 2014 is the same.

The drawing may not require an update. Deslect the view and see if the icon goes away. As the other poster suggested the best way to see if drawing/sheet needs an update is the lighting bolt in the model tree.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report